Whether it’s from stubbing your toes or banging your knees on a piece of furniture, we all get a little bruised from time to time.
However, if you’re finding that your bruises are taking longer to heal than you’d like and you want to find a way to get rid of them sooner, then keep on reading to discover 4 skincare tips on how to quickly return bruised, discolored skin back into healthy, even-colored skin ASAP!
Before we dive in, let’s first explain what causes bruising. Bruising occurs when your body gets hit by an impact that was hard enough to cause the small blood vessels beneath your skin to break, leaving the blood to leak out with nowhere else to go. This blood then stays where it’s leaked until your body has completely absorbed it.
If you’ve been getting more bruises than usual lately and are wondering why this may be happening, here are a few of the possible causes:
1. Getting Older
- It’s perfectly normal to bruise more easily as you age! This is because, as you age your skin gets thinner and loses the protective layer of fat that acts as a cushion when you bump into something. Your blood vessels also become more delicate with age, which is another contribution to bruising more easily.
- Some medicines, like aspirin or blood thinner, tend to cause you to bruise more easily due to their effects of reducing your blood’s ability to clot.
- Some supplements, like fish oil and gingko, can also cause you to bruise more easily.
3. Low Levels of Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is an essential nutrient for your body’s healing processes, so if you don’t have sufficient levels in your body, you may both bruise more easily and take longer to heal.
- By taking supplements and/or applying a topical cream with Vitamin C in it, you can hasten the healing process and strengthen your skin to help prevent future bruising
- If you’ve spent a large part of your life out in the sun, you may notice that your skin bruises more easily. That’s because, over time, sun exposure slowly weakens the walls of your blood vessels, which increases your chances of bruising.
Now that you know some of reasons as to why you may be bruising more easily, check out these 4 ways to find out how you can heal them faster:
1. Ice Therapy
- Put ice on your bruise right after you get injured. The cold temperature from the ice will cause the blood in that area to flow more slowly, thereby reducing the amount of blood that leaks out of your vessels. By doing this, you can reduce the size of your bruise and help it heal faster.
- Note: make sure you wrap the ice in either a washcloth or paper towel, so as not to damage your skin. You can apply this method several times a day, for about 10 minutes at a time.
- Wait until 48 hours after the bruise appeared before applying a heating pad or a warm compress on the bruise. This will help boost circulation and increase blood flow in the applied area, which will help to clear away the trapped blood. You’ll also get the added benefit of loosened muscles and pain relief from the heat!
3. Vitamin Cream
- By applying a topical cream that contains Vitamins B2, C, and E, your skin will recover more quickly from damage and and uneven skin tone will become more balanced. The camphor contained in the Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream also helps to reduce skin inflammation, so not only will the bruise become less apparent, but the pain from the swelling will also be reduced.
- Pineapple contains a mixture of enzymes called bromelain, which can help to reduce the severity of the bruise and reduce inflammation. You can take in bromelain either by eating pineapple or consuming bromelain supplements.
Still wondering whether Yu-Be can really help bruised and discolored skin heal faster? Check out this review from one of our customers:
Yu-be is a hit at my office!
“I gave my co-worker some Yu-be cream and she is raving about it. It really helped heal the bruising & discoloration she had on her arms. Now she's the one spreading the word at work and telling everyone. Next thing you know, she noticed that our boss was having similar issues and gave him a tube. Less than a week later, he comes to me and asks me to order some more for him. I looked at his arm and his skin looked completely healed! I was just as amazed at how well this cream works for people with skin conditions due to aging and sun exposure and wished I'd taken before and after pictures. They asked me to write a review because they were so happy I introduced them to this miracle cream.”
-Yumeko T., Yu-Be Customer
Go here to order your own tube of Yu-Be and give it a try on your skin if you want to see fast results for healing bruised and discolored skin!