You don’t have to be a professional masseuse in order to get impactful, positive results from a lymphatic massage you give to yourself.
The lymphatic system is part of our immune system and is the largest circulatory system in our body. This means that it has more effects on our body’s health and wellbeing than you might think, including its effects on our energy and stress levels and the health of our skin and physical body.
If you’re looking for an affordable (free, actually!) and holistic way to reduce puffy, irritated, and dull skin, as well as fatigue, stress, and migraines, then try adding a lymphatic drainage face massage to your daily skincare routine and watch the incredible results unfold before your eyes within days!
First, let’s understand the two primary functions of the lymphatic system:
- Maintain fluid levels in our bodies (it drains the fluid that has leaked from blood vessels into the tissues and empties it back into the bloodstream via lymph nodes)
- Remove harmful waste and toxins from our bodily tissues
When these two very important functions become disrupted and there is fluid buildup in the lymphatic system, the two following issues occur:
- Bodily swelling — When the lymphatic system does not drain fluids from the tissues properly, the tissues swell, causing a puffy appearance
- Recurring infections — Occur when bacteria, viruses, and other negative stimuli from dead, dying or cancerous cells are not removed
These two issues are what cause the host of other issues that we mentioned previously.
Although they may sound like serious issues that cannot be resolved without the help of a professional, if you catch them early enough before they become severe, then the way to overcome them is quite simple and only requires three things: your hands, a skin cream (or oil), and about 10-15 minutes of your time a day!
By giving yourself a lymphatic drainage face massage everyday, you will experience the following 12 benefits:
- Draining of the buildup of lymphatic fluid within your face
- Improved blood flow, which enhances the circulation of nutrients in your skin and helps the skin appear more radiant and glowing
- Reduced appearance of under eye circles
- Reduction in acne and breakouts (when the lymphatic system becomes stagnant and accumulates bacteria, this results in inflammation, which can contribute to acne and breakouts)
- Reduced appearance of puffy facial skin via draining and circulation of excess fluid buildup
- Reduction in fatigue — when our immune system is constantly overwhelmed with toxins, we tend to have less energy
- Reduction in stress levels — when lymph circulation is improved, the chemical messengers of stress responses are moved out of the system faster, which allows your body to return to its natural, calm, and healthy state faster
- Reduction in the intensity and frequency of migraines, allergies, and congestion — when the tissues in your nose swell up, your sinus passages become blocked. A lymphatic drainage face massage can help evacuate some of that fluid and clear the airways, causing a reduction in the inflammation of the sinuses, which can help reduce migraines
- Strengthening of your facial muscles, which gives your skin a natural facelift
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles, which promotes youthful looking skin
- A more even skin tone
- Reduction in the appearance of scars — the increased circulation from the massage clears system blockages and allows fresh blood and oxygen to flood the area, thereby supporting cell regeneration
Now that you’ve learned the 12 major benefits of giving yourself a lymphatic drainage face massage every day, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t incorporate it into your daily skincare routine!
Grab your choice of Yu-Be skin cream (we recommend either the Yuzu Pure Hydration Cream for its rich texture and deliciously soothing citrus scent or the Moisturizing Body Lotion, if you prefer a thinner cream) and follow along the steps of this video to begin reaping the benefits of this simple, yet incredibly effective and holistic skincare tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LONbNTnF1OQ