7 Reasons Why You Should Choose Paraben Free Skin Care Products
Even though paraben is a common ingredient that's been used in many beauty products since the 1920s, that doesn't mean that it's safe for you or the environment.
A study that sampled women with breast cancer revealed that a whopping 99% of the women had paraben in their tissues.
Research has shown that parabens can easily absorb through your skin and that daily application of beauty products with parabens can cause this harmful chemical to accumulate in your system.
This is just one of the many harmful effects that paraben, a chemical preservative that's used to increase the shelf life of beauty products, has on our bodies. If you want to discover 7 more reasons why you should choose paraben free skin care products over the ones that do contain paraben, check out our list below.
1. You'll have a healthier body. Just as we should watch what we eat, we should also pay attention to the ingredients we digest through topical use, and since our skin is our largest organ, extra care should be taken when it comes to what we put on it. As mentioned above, the use of paraben has been linked to cancer, so if you want to reduce your chances of getting cancer, then reducing your use of paraben is also imperative.
2. You'll have more youthful skin. The same creams that tout their “anti-aging” properties may actually contain methylparaben, a paraben that makes you look older! This paraben can cause a reduction in collagen, which is a protein that assists the skin in appearing smooth and healthy. A lower amount of this collagen means that your skin will have a tendency to appear dull and wrinkly. The Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream contains Vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps build collagen and smooths fine lines and wrinkles, which makes it the ideal paraben free product to help you achieve healthy skin.
3. You'll avoid allergic reactions. Since the 1960s, allergic contact dermatitis (itchy rash) has been related to the use of parabens in personal products. Symptoms include excessive itching and red, blotchy patches or raised bumps on the skin. If you've noticed that using a certain product causes these symptoms, check the ingredient list to see if paraben is one of them, and if it is, then consider replacing the product with a paraben free option!
Consider Yu-Be's Advanced Formula Pure Hydration Cream if you have extra sensitive skin that tends to have allergic reactions to skin care products. It's 100% scent and paraben free, which is what makes it the ideal moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and soothed.
4. You'll have a happy scalp. Have you ever pulled out a bottle of shampoo from the back of your bathroom cabinet that was probably past its expiration date yet was somehow free of mold? This was most likely due to the parabens in it. Although having no mold is a good thing, what's not so good are the parabens in your shampoo or conditioner that cause scalp irritations. By avoiding using hair care products that contain paraben, you're saving your scalp a lot of unnecessary pain and irritation.
5. You'll be helping Mother Earth. It should come as no surprise that what causes harm to our human bodies also causes harm to our planet. When we rinse our products off at the end of the day, the same water carries the residue of our products into the larger water supply and eventually into the ocean.
Both marine and land animals have been found to be harboring parabens in their tissues, and this is not a minor consequence. Although more studies need to be done to see what kinds of hormonal disruptions occur in these animals, by at least choosing paraben free products you are helping to protect the environment and the animals who share this planet with you.
6. You'll save money. By using cleaner products, you may experience the wonderful benefit of no longer having symptoms that are caused by paraben (i.e. itchy, irritated skin), and therefore will no longer need to buy additional products to combat these symptoms! This one may sound like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised to discover just how many people continue to use toxic products without realizing how it's damaging their body and then later have to literally pay the consequences.
7. You have the power to choose. Since we're no longer in the 1920s and with very few options of products to choose from, we now have the freedom to choose what we want to put in and on our bodies. With the wide array of paraben free products to choose from nowadays, why not choose the option that’s better for both you and our planet?